Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Literal Heroism.

Bean and I had Color Me Fall art class today at the local recreation department. It's just under an hour long, and we had a great time getting ourselves all good and coated with purple glue stick and orange fingerpaint. Since our class ended a little bit AFTER our normal lunchtime, and we were having a fun time being out and about, I proposed a little ladies' lunch out for the two of us and my plan received an enthusiastic thumbs-up from my sweet little sidekick.

On our way to the restaurant, Bean chatted away happily.

Mama, yer my bess frend.

Oh thanks Bean, you're my best friend right back, you and Daddy!

And I haffa take care a you, 'cause I love you.

Yes, and I have to take care of you too because I love YOU!

An' we bofe haffa take care a sweet lil Daddy!

Yes, and it takes both of us, too, doesn't it?

Yes it does! An' we haffa take care of somemuddy ewse, too Mama?

Really, who?

Sweet lil Sissy and Buddy!



Then, at the restaurant, we got halfway into our meal, Bean whispered, Mama, I REALLY haffa go to the baffwoom.

Oh, really? Right NOW?

Yes.

So we went to the bathroom and she wasn't kidding, either.

Mama, that was a long tee-tee! Like a Daddy-man tee tee!

Yes, it was!

Mama?

Yes Bean?

Thank you fer savin' my bummy!

20 comments:

  1. You had a fun day. I love those lunch dates with kids. You never know what you are going to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Like a Daddy-man tee tee!" I LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! You have a great memory--my little guy is forever cracking me up but I can't for the life of me remember what he said by the time Daddy gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwwwww those are the sweetest little conversations ever. thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny, lil Bean! Keep up the Bean conversation pieces - they are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that was so funny!! How is is possible for one little girl to be so so so CUTE!! I LOVE your wee conversations with Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta save that little bummy--she's so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, so cute! I'm going to have to try to spend some one-on-one time with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed me some Bean-isms today. Ahh...the cuteness is so cathardic.

    Not sure what that means, but it sounds good. :0)

    Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didnt think I wanted to have a girl. I was used to boys. But it is just the sweetest thing to spend time with Gracie and Suzie. Gracie says I am her bessest freend evor and evor. It just melts your heart, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hee hee hee! Daddy-man tee tee! Well, that totally made my day.

    How's the party planning going? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little gal obviously takes after her mommy! She has the syntax down perfectly. :) Total cuteness.
    And yes, you deserve a medal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could she be any cuter! I love the kid conversations, they are so honest and open. A "Ladies lunch" is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I treasure these kinds of conversations with my little girl. There's nothing else in the world that can make my smile so big and bright.

    Bean seems like such a sweet, polite and loving little girl. You must be an awesome mommy! And the next time she refuses to put her shoes on or throws herself on the floor instead of going to bed just remember this conversation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never met the child and I could just eat. her. up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUPERMAMA!
    ANd how cute is she?

    ReplyDelete
  17. She just sounds like the sweetest little thing EVER!

    I'm jealous ... I don't have any of those. Right now, my girls are screaming at me because I won't give them another vitamin.

    Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! She is a little stand up comedianne.
    Next stop: America's Got Talent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! These are the conversations I can not wait to have with my little boy! Right now it's just "ma ma" "da da" "ba ba" and "yucky"....that's about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH. My. Gosh.
    TOO cute!!!
    Hi, I'm Ericka, I got your blog from Musings of a Housewife when I saw 'Illinois' in your comments. I'm in IL also!!!! In a very LARGE suburb about 30 miles due west of Chicago.
    I call my hubby Bean and have for the 21 years we've been together, but your conversation with your bean is WAY CUTER!!!!!!!
    Take care!
    Ericka

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?