Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I No Longer Wince When I Go Potty

AKA: The State of the Bladder Address.

Because you really, REALLY needed to have that information in order for your day to start off right. Or end up right, as the case may be.

But several sweet people inquired after my well-being yesterday (thank you kindly for your concern!) so there's the update. The anti-biotics are, as usual, kicking my derriere with the requisite Parade O' Addin'-Insult-to-Injury Side Effects®, but I only have another 36 hours left of that nonsense and then I'll be all back to my haggard and dilapidated but functional old self again.

But guess what I did last night? I went out for CAWFEE with my sweet longtime pal Lainey (BloginMyEye) and our new friend Jeanne from At A Hen's Pace! Not a one of us remembered her camera, so you'll just have to imagine the scene of three bloggin' Mamas sitting in a booth at a nearly deserted cafe after dark, drinking coffee and tea and eating 'zurts (desserts, according to Bean), talking and laughing about blogging and kids and husbands and cars and what have you. A good time was had by all. Jeanne doesn't look the least little bit like a hen, though. More like a pretty little dove, I think. Had she not been one of the only 2 people in the restaurant, the other being Lainey, I may have quite overlooked her lovely young self in search of a much older, much less hip-lookin' Mama-type. Don't you think, so, Lainey?

Incidentally, did you know Jeanne and Summer(inFL) are sisters-in-law? Wonders that never cease!

7 comments:

  1. So glad that you are recovering. Hopefully you'll have your full range of energy back soon! So jealous about coffee with my sis-in-law -- she's great! And I would have loved to have been there to meet you and Lainey in person. But for now, I'll just have to day dream and pretend that I was there, sipping on my cup 'o joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're on the mend! You probably know this but I'll just say it in case: did you know that you're supposed to avoid all caffiene while recovering from a bladder infection?
    And meeting in REAL LIFE! That's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you will soon be back to normal (I'm not sure you ever were!) Aren't you thankful for antibiotics? When ever I need them, it makes me feel so bad for what our ancestors had to go through without them, and then there are those people in countries even now, who have no access to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. doh! Beck had to go and ruin all your fun with that little reminder ;0)

    I hope you will be mended very quickly.

    Blessings,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling a little better! Hope you are fully recovered soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that you are getting better. Yay for antibiotics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, Jeanne could definitely pass for a teenager. Those must be some special children of hers to not have even aged her one bit! Always fun to spend time with you, dahling. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?