Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy Bloggymoon, Bloggymonster!

Neighbor Nicki and I took all our chiddren to the local purveyor of all things McTasty and McQuick last Friday for lunch. You'll recall that Neighbor Nicki's a recent immigrant to the Land of Blog. Yeah, she's still in the writin'-posts-in-the-shower, can't-sleep-at-night, gettin'-up-at-three-in-the-morning-because-I-have-to-get-this-down-before-I-forget-it phase. As for me, the seasoned two-month veteran of offical bloggery, I have to admit: I have serious case of Bloggymoon Envy.

Across the street, Nicki's feverishly struggling to keep up with a torrent of ideas for new posts, and has a couple already in the hopper for the upcoming week. On Friday I even caught her staging photos in her head for special pictorial issues. Nicki's been our most constant, faithful companion for our Friday night bonfires all summer long, but when I asked her over our McLunch what she planned to do last Friday evening, she said, with a happy, fulfilled, ethereal smile, Oh, I have to BLOG... I have two ideas I need to work on for next week!

AGH...I've created a monster! I lamented.

YEAH! A Bloggymonster! she growled, laughing.

Meanwhile back over at my kitchen counter, I've opened up the Big White Blogger Box countless times and started tens of posts, but at some point in each of them I just get stymied. Struck mute by my own little bloggy neuroses, so complex and reclusive in their natures I can't even coax them out so I can see them to describe them to you. And the longer I go without posting, the more panicked I feel about not posting and the more pressure I feel to hurry up and JUST! POST! SOMETHING! ALREADY! which leads to more stymiedness and more neurosis. It's not pretty, people.

I've come to the conclusion though, that maybe Nicki's sucking all of the creative juices over to her side of the street, leaving my side all drab and mute and panicky. I allowed as much to her this afternoon when I walked out to get my mail and saw her, Munch and Bubba out on her driveway. She HAD HER LAPTOP OUT THERE AND WAS BLOGGING AWAY as the boys played ball. We call that showin' out where I come from, by the way. Anyway, she didn't hear my theory about the whole creavity-suck she'd perpetrated agin' me, because she had her head stuck so far up into that laptop all I could see were the soles of her new gym shoes and two pointy little elbows justa bobbin' away as she tapped out another post. However I did get her attention the couple times I slammed the lid down on that laptop while she'd stepped away to attend to the antics of her two little sluggers.

What? I was protecting her computer, people! The kids were all over the place and I didn't want one of them to trip over or jump on or otherwise fold, spindle or mutilate her laptop! (Or did I?) And how was I to know Mark had set her laptop to shut down when closed?

Shhhhhhh... It worked though, didn't it?

13 comments:

  1. Hey girl! You gotta do what ya gotta do! Great post! Glad you're back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I just hit my "ugh" phase of blogging (I'm still pretty new at this!). I found myself blaming my funk lots of things, but I got my bloggin' mo-jo back! I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to move to a house on your street. Sounds like ya'll have a good time. I love Nicki's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post or perish, eh? I'm with Anna. Let's ALL move to your neighborhood! I'll sell baked goods in my driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you got me to go visit Nicki again. Just your way of sharin' the bloggy love, eh?

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, I won't bring the laptop out again! By the way, Mark has changed the setting on the shut down:) Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two sound like you have a lot of fun "sucking each others creative bloggy juices"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Pam's thought "Post or Perish!" I love the way you described the bloggymoon--that was me to a T. Come back to us so I can get my daily laugh on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got over my ugh phase, and it took a while. I ended up doing a memes that meant almost nothing. It happens, you will get past this horrible time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And did she stomp away and tell you she wouldn't be your friend anymore? Oh, wait, that's my daughter and her friends. We're way too mature for that kind of nonsense, now, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y'all are more than welcome to move on in, all of you! But make sure you live on my side of the street, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm coming to your neighborhood too! Just think of the fun we would have! FYI - you haven't lost it - I'm still laughing over here!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?