Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

Get Your Google (Analytics) On.

The #1 Thing I am Thankin' My Lucky Stars for This Very Morning:

That Google Analytics only updates every 24 hours.

Because y'all, if it streamed real-time data, I would never leave my home again.

If you haven't signed your blog up with Google Analytics yet, you must go and do so immediately. And prepare to be a data junkie starting tomorrow morning.

I had visitors from Ireland, India and New Zealand (Hi Leigh!) and even Portugal overnight last night! (Someone Googled "....am I stuck up?" and got here. I am trying not to find that disturbing.)

And OH! OH Y'ALL. I may be a latecomer to the party and you may already be hooting over this daily, but you also need to go look at the kitties at ICANHASCHEEZBURGER. I finally clicked on a link somewhere last night after having stumbled across it a couple of times the past few weeks, and was soon WHEEZING and CRYING from laughing so hard. Al kept looking over at me like I was a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

(Which, by the way, is patently untrue because I heavy-up on the sandwiches - and everything else - at my picnics. I AM Southern, afterall.)

12 comments:

  1. I Can Has Cheezburger is my daily dose of humor. I'm so glad to know someone else who appreciates it! Yoov gotz to reedz teh comments, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up to my techie limit today with the crossout thing--thanks for the tip--will try when I have more brain cells available :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, Cheezburgers. Yes you MAY, cute little cats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! I just put Google Analytics on my blog & my personal webpage and I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for sharing that tip!!! I can't wait for it to update...I'm sure I will be ultra excited to check it every day!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if those cat pics weren't the craziest thing I've seen in a long time, I don't know what is!

    I'll check out that Google thing...but I won't tell my HB. He already thinks my rear is glued to the office chair in front of the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Megan,

    I'm a sometimes lurker but for some reason your "couple sandwiches short of a picnic" is making come out of the woodwork.

    Just your blog title cracks me up (plus, I have a love thang for fried okra;) ).

    Do readers have access to Google Analytics?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AND I HATE MY OWN TYPOS!!!

    "...is making ME come out..."

    ** s i g h **

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those kitties too!!

    Blessings,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anybody know how to do this on Wordpress? I'm gonna have to tinker some more later; it's not working.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH i am disturbed that i have failed you as a blog friend and NOT introduced you to my favorite blog: the LOLCATS themselves.
    I am a HUGE fan of icanhascheezburgers. glad to know someone else is laughing hysterically along with me.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?