Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

As Goethe As It Gets

Can you rewrite this famous quote to reflect your own take on each day? If nothing else, it may help you set your priorities tomorrow!

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.
~ Goethe

Hmm...

One ought, every day at least, to laugh a big ol' belly-laugh, reflect on her blessings and allow herself to well up with love, joy, and gratitude, admit her blunders, and if it were possible, to listen carefully to those around her with her ears and heart. ~ Megan

My lovely lovely Lainey-kins got this idea from Toni who got this idea from Ann Kroeker who is also collecting the responses.

Let me know if you play along, too.

5 comments:

  1. "Admit her blunders"... hmm, that's a hard one sometimes isn't it? But well worth including.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! you make it hard to catch up on my blog reading!!! You have so much good stuff over here to read that I can't allow myself to just skim.

    But I think I am all caught up.

    And you are still one of my favorite bloggy writers.

    AND, that little girl of yours is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!!

    Blessings,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great--love the big ol' belly laugh alongside the listening with ears and heart.

    Someone pointed out that "listening to understand" is different from just listening. Yours is deeper still--listening to understand and relate and be touched. I like that a lot.

    Thanks for jumping in with the idea. It's a window into what people value in day-to-day actions and interactions.

    Also, I'll paste in your link over at my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last note was from me, Ann Kroeker, who came up with the Goethe idea...I'm having a little trouble getting my comments to "take" with my WordPress identity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One ought, every day at least, to spend some time with the Lord, some time with her man, some time with her children, and some time to herself. ~Pam

    Not really very poetic, I'm afraid, but practical...like me!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?