Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2007

And Be Thankful.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I awoke this morning to a throat-lump-inducing, crisp-like-a-perfect-fall-apple dawn and a red mug of morning nectar the perfect shade of deep khaki served up just for me by my gorgeous, loving, sweet, funny husband. The sun filters through our back window over diamond-studded grass, sparkling with promise as we loll in our warm, cozy kitchen. Five fresh tomatoes I picked from my vines in the back yard last night wait on the windowsill in single file. This afternoon I'll peel and dice them then gather verdant handfuls of fresh basil from patio pots and stir the fruits of my labor and God's elements together into fresh bruschetta topping for a neighborhood party celebrating the waning days of our second summer on the prairie.

Colossians 3:15

Let the peace that Christ gives rule in your hearts. As parts of one body, you were appointed to live in peace. And be thankful.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm, fresh tomatoes from the garden! At first I thought they were pumpkins! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the absolutely perfect morning! Hope your day is matching it's start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they were pumpkins at first too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect post.
    Enough said.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fresh maters. And those look pretty good. :0)

    Hubby serving your fave morning drink? That IS a good morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?