Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Next Week on Okra's Show

How do you spell that sound you make when you poke out your lips and then run a finger up and down over 'em?

*Bweebubbabeebabubbabeebabubbabeebabubba*

There. Did I capture it?

'Cause my brain? Is EMPTY. I got nothin' left, people. We shipped my folks back this morning to their rightful sweltering Carolina home. I feel bad they had rain almost the whole time they were here and then today we got up to crisp almost-fall temps and a sky so clear and blue I had to rub my eyes for a full minute to be sure I wasn't dreaming it. But we had a pleasant visit, accomplished a lot, and I think all of us got enough of the family togetherness gig without it being too too toooooo much to ever want to do it again. And that's how you spell success, in my book.

When we got home from our early-morning run to the airport, my sweet across-street-neighbor Nicki came over and gave me a big hug and invited us to dinner tonight, which is a very good thing, because if we weren't going over there, we'd be having tepid water for dinner, directly out of the tap. Mama's get up and go has got up and went. But I plan to get rested and rejuvenated tonight with good friends and good food and an early bed time and be back in action and ready to burn up the blogwaves all week long this week with, you know, a bunch of very exciting, funny, and helpful stuff that I haven't thought up yet. (Grimaces.)

Oh well, at least you'll know its fresh though, right?


In the meantime, y'all go get your names in the drawing for a spectacular tote at Musings of a Housewife and then go give lovely (Sincerely)Anna a bloggy hug or three... hubby's been traveling and is gonna travel more and she's singin' the Home Alone with the Kidlet Blues . We've all been there and don't want to go back anytime soon, huh, T(with Honey)?

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good visit with your parental units. I hope you had an equally good visit with your friends tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for joining us last night. We had a lot of fun. I'm so glad you're back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are entitled to an empty brain after a week of visitors. Glad it went well. Have a quiet day and a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just teaching Princess how to make that noise with her finger and her lips yesterday!

    Glad to hear the visit with the parental units went well. I find it amazing that no matter how much I love my mom and how well we get along at some point everyone is happy to go back to their respective homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you having a good time with the parents. And yay for having dinner with friends. Sorry, I'm a bit tired and I can't manage to comment anything more eloquent that that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks Megan. I was wondering why I had like a gabillion readers today. I'm feeling much, much better now.

    This line: Mama's get up and go has got up and went CRACKED ME UP!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?